College Application Resources
Hello, I'm Dyllen Nellis!
I am a student at Stanford University interested in the intersection between design, technology, and storytelling.
When I applied to college, I sought out numerous articles, books, and videos to gain valuable insight into the college application process. What I learned was indispensable. I was accepted into 8/8 schools I applied to including Stanford, USC, UCLA, NYU, and more. Two years later, I continue to thoroughly research college essay strategies, work with students, and create educational content on YouTube to increase accessibility around college applications.
My College Essay Course
One of the most important decisions I made during my college application process was getting Dyllen to help me brainstorm essay ideas and later on edit two rounds of my Common App essay. Her feedback helped me understand where my writing was strong and where I needed to go back to the drawing board so that I could craft the strongest application possible. I cannot thank her enough and recommend her to any and everyone! She has helped me achieve my goal of attending Stanford, and I know she can do the same for you!
Dyllen has edited many of my essays, and I can confidently say I would recommend her to any of my friends or classmates. Her edits are very comprehensive and she has ensured that all my essays sound precise, personal, and interesting to read. I definitely recommend scheduling a Zoom call with her to explain your ideas for your essays, she has been very helpful in helping me find ways to elevate my essay topics and make them incredibly specific. Her help has reduced my stress greatly in this process and I truly believe her services are worth the money.
Dyllen is simply amazing! Not only did she help me brainstorm extremely creative ideas for both my common app and writing supplements but she also greatly improved my writing style. For anyone looking to get their essays edited, Dyllen is the person to go to!
Many times this year I have found myself struggling and lost with many aspects of my applications, but watching your videos has helped me craft what I believe to be a great application. I am low income and first-gen. I never had help from my parents, my school counselor, or even friends, but I always found myself learning more and more from you. You deserve recognition and gratitude. So thank you so so much for everything Dyllen. Thank you for helping those who can’t really receive help from others. You have an amazing heart.
I'm so impressed with all the content you have generated! I regularly share your videos with my students (I volunteer through Matchlighters- a scholarship program for low income students run by Ethan Sawyer). Your content is amazing! It's fun, informative, personal, honest, and easy to understand. I think it's especially great that it comes from a current student.
Your videos break down the complex college admission process into something more understandable. I particularly appreciate your time management videos which have allowed me to plan out my applications without falling into the dangerous pit of procrastination.
They gave me confidence and motivation to effectively plan out my time toward building a good application.
More than the help, it’s gotten me pumped and excited for the whole application process instead of stressing me out.
You literally helped me get into Stanford with your YouTube videos, so if you ever have doubts if you're truly helping people, you definitely are. Watching your videos helped me tremendously on my essays and the admissions process, so much so that I can proudly say that I’m part of the Stanford c/o 2024! Your videos have been an immense help in the application process and ultimately got me into Stanford REA! It's crazy to think that I'm going to Stanford now, but I watched a bunch of your YouTube videos when I was applying and found them SO helpful.
Waddup Dyllen! Love your videos. <3
It's like a college admissions bible.
Resources & Services
• Don’t get bogged down by hundreds of pages of information from books and blogs- I’ve already done all the heavy lifting! This course condenses the most ESSENTIAL information into a COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE!
• Focused on strategic planning to save you time by ensuring that your essay is well-organized and reflects your personal essence.
• Includes structured outlines for college essays that hit all the necessary components while maintaining flexibility.
• Created by Stanford student, Dyllen Nellis, who has the recent personal experience of applying to college and has thoroughly researched the college application process!
Heck yes! Schedule a Zoom call with me, let's do it! I use an experienced line of questioning (though it feels like a chill conversation) that helps me help YOU to create a detailed structure of everything that your essay needs to encapsulate. Usually, we can crank this out together in only a half-hour.
- I will add both comments and suggestions to help fix grammatical errors, sentence structure and phrasing, clarity issues, cohesion, and storytelling. At the bottom of the document I will write a short paragraph detailing my overall feedback: what you did well and what can be improved.
- Naturally, some essays require more editing than others. If I believe an essay requires minimal notes, I will say so, as I do not believe in creating unnecessary or ill-advised feedback!
$140 Total, here's the breakdown: $35 supplemental 1 + $35 supplemental 2 + $35 supplemental 3 + $35 all 50-word questions.
$180 with the 1-2 day rush fee for all of them ($10 extra per essay).
I am 100% honest and transparent in my feedback, while still being kind. I promise I won't be mean lol. I will let you know which parts of your essay are difficult to understand, parts that make me laugh/smile, or parts that provoke new ideas that I will then share with you!
I will email back your edited essay within 5-7 days of receiving payment, but if you need it sooner, I can get it back in 1 day with a rush fee of $10 per essay.
- Venmo: @Dyllen-Nellis (preferred)
- PayPal.me/dyllennellis (Mark this payment as FRIENDS rather than services to avoid fees!)
- Only if all else fails, use this link https://checkout.square.site/merchant/MLZNG4HYT79XZ/checkout/V7HAW4AZC3CCBU27ET6GIPTN
Dyllen Nellis on YouTube
I breakdown how to write college essays, organization & time management tutorials, overall application tips, and my own accepted applications and art portfolios.
Instead of sifting through which videos you think
you should watch, I have compiled a program that lists
which videos to watch, in what order.